GoGirlGo!, the Women’s Sports Foundation’s national landmark educational program launched in 2001 for elementary, middle and high school girls, works across the country to keep girls involved in physical activity and to improve the health of sedentary girls.
GoGirlGo! identifies and weaves together quality resources within each community and provides comprehensive support to organizations through a hands-on curriculum, grant program and networking opportunities. GoGirlGo! has reached more than one million girls and provided more than $6 million in funding to girl-serving organizations.
Special thanks to ESPN for its generous support of GoGirlGo! New York City grant program.
Deadlines and Relevant Dates
Online applications for 2019 are closed.
Eligibility and Criteria
In general, grants will support New York City girl-serving agencies conducting sport and physical activity programs and using the GoGirlGo! curriculum that serve girls aged 5 to 13. Eligible applicants will be asked to meet criteria such as:
- Be nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) designation.
- Have committed and experienced adult leadership.
- Deliver a minimum 12-week sport and physical activity program, with preference given to organizations working consistently with girls throughout the year.
- Commitment to implement the GoGirlGo! educational curriculum (provided free of charge)
- Send a representative(s) to participate in GoGirlGo! Leadership Institutes.
- Participate in program evaluation, reporting and exposure activities.
Grants can be used for coaching, athletic equipment, uniforms, transportation, facility rental and league/tournament fees.
Together, the Women’s Sports Foundation and espnW will award a total of $25,000 through grants to ten (10) organizations and will provide the GoGirlGo! curriculum.
How to Apply
During the program application period, an authorized representative must visit Foundant GLM, the Women’s Sports Foundation’s grant-management system, and follow the directions to register a new user profile or update an existing profile. Limit one (1) profile per person/email address. Once your profile is registered, you will be able to save and submit your application on the website.
Important: Once you create a user profile, please read carefully through the full eligibility requirements and program criteria that appear on Foundant GLM. Applicants will be judged on what information is available or provided at the time of application submission.
Notification of Application Acceptance
You will receive an e-mail at the e-mail address provided in your profile when your application has been received.
Any application that is late, incomplete or requesting funds for an event or purchase of equipment that will occur before the applicant would receive the grant money will not be accepted.
Other conditions under which an application will not be accepted:
- Applications for programs that do not demonstrate how the GoGirlGo! curriculum will be implemented
- Applications that are e-mailed or faxed
- Applications for programs that require compulsory religious participation
- Applications requesting funding towards the purchase of land, construction of buildings, event sponsorships, providing scholarships to individuals and/or the purchase/care of animals
- Applications requesting retroactive funding
|After-School All-Stars | Achievement First Brownsville and PS 272||Brooklyn, N.Y.|
|Netball America | Be An Inspiration: GoGirlGo! New York||Westminster, Calif.|
|Bridge the GAP Youth Inc. | NY United Girls Basketball||Brooklyn, N.Y.|
|Lady Lions Basketball | Wediko||Bronx, N.Y.|
|DiscNY Incorporated | Girls' Ultimate Movement (GUM) Program||Brooklyn, N.Y.|
|Kings County Tennis League | KCTL GoGirlGo!||Brooklyn, N.Y.|
|Gotham Girls Roller Derby | Gotham Girls Junior Derby||Brooklyn, N.Y.|
|The Renaissance Charter School | TRCS Lady Knights||Jackson Heights, N.Y.|
|NYC Department of Education, PSAL | PSAL Middle School Girls Basketball||Long Island City, N.Y.|
|City Parks Foundation | CityParks Golf||New York, N.Y.|
|New York Junior Tennis & Learning | WSF GoGirlGo! Program at NYJTL||Woodside, N.Y.|
If after reading these guidelines carefully, you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Flores-Amaya: 516.307.3915 or EFlores-Amaya@WomensSportsFoundation.org.