Move Together, is a Power of She Fund grant, supporting organizations that foster multigenerational connection in their communities through sport, fitness and movement-based programming for girls and women.
The Power of She Fund was established by Athleta, in partnership with the Women’s Sports Foundation.
The Move Together grant application is closed. Please check back periodically for updates and subscribe to our newsletter.
Eligibility and Criteria
When multiple generations can move together, it creates an enhanced sense of togetherness and belonging amongst participants and provides an opportunity for them to better relate to and learn from one another.
Eligible applicants must demonstrate that their program meets the following criteria:
- Offers existing programming elements or has the ability to develop new programming or enhancements that promote multigenerational connection* between girls and women
- Delivers and provides access to sport, fitness or movement-based programming as a primary focus, serving predominately girls and/or women
- Displays innovation in its efforts to engage girls and women, creating an environment that inspires
- Takes a holistic approach to programming that considers physical, mental, social and/or emotional needs of the girls and women who participate
- Has the ability to sustain long-term programming after the life of the funding has expired
*Multigenerational connection can be defined in a variety of ways from girls and women participating together, to adult and youth mentorship, parent and family engagement, or women—including program graduates—serving as coaches and volunteers in your programming.
Funds may be used for staff, facility rental, equipment, uniforms and supplies directly benefiting the grant-supported program.
- A non-profit located in the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia or U.S. Territories
- Participation by program staff and participants in Women’s Sports Foundation program evaluation (e.g. pre and post program surveys), webinars and other events
- Completion of a final report detailing the impact of the program and how the funding was used
- Agreement to work with funders to 1) provide program information, licensed photography, licensed video content and testimonials, and 2) to participate in media opportunities and site visits, as requested, during the course of the program
- Use of program recipient’s name and marks in marketing, driven and owned by Athleta
- Acknowledgement of the Women’s Sports Foundation and Athleta in a manner that is aligned with their brand guidelines
Together, the Women’s Sports Foundation and Athleta awarded $250,000 in Move Together grants in 2022. Grant size will range from $5,000-$10,000 per organization.
How to Apply
During the program application period, an authorized representative must visit Foundant GLM, the Women’s Sports Foundation’s grant-management system, and follow the directions to register a new user profile or update an existing profile. Limit one (1) profile per person/email address. Once your profile is registered, you will be able to save and submit your application on the website.
Please read carefully through the full eligibility requirements, college guidelines and program criteria before starting a Foundant account and applying. Applicants will be judged on what information is available or provided at the time of application submission.
Notification of Application Acceptance
Organizations will receive an e-mail at the e-mail address provided in your profile when your application has been received.
Applications must clearly meet all eligibility requirements outlined above.
Any application that is late, incomplete or requesting funds for an event or purchase of equipment that will occur before the applicant would receive the grant money will not be accepted.
Other conditions under which an application will not be accepted:
- Applications that are e-mailed or faxed
- Applications for programs that require compulsory religious participation
- Applications requesting funding towards the purchase of land, construction of buildings, event sponsorships, providing scholarships to individuals and/or the purchase/care of animals
- Applications requesting retroactive funding
2022 Grant Recipients
|Amethyst Place (MO)
|Arizona Trail Association (AZ)
|Beat the Streets New England (MA)
|Bikes Not Bombs (MA)
|BlazeSports America (GA)
|Boys & Girls Clubs of the Tennessee Valley (TN)
|DMF Youth, Inc. (NY)
|F.A.I.T.H., Inc. (Fight Abuse in the Home) (GA)
|Girls on the Run Bay Area (CA)
|Girls on the Run New Orleans (LA)
|Girls on the Run Northeast Ohio (OH)
|Girls on the Run of Atlanta (GA)
|Girls on the Run of Central New Jersey (NJ)
|Girls on the Run of Northwest Indiana (IN)
|Girls on the Run San Diego (CA)
|Girls on the Run South Georgia (GA)
|International Tennis Hall of Fame (RI)
|Legends of the Ball, Inc. (TX)
|McCall Youth Hockey Association (ID)
|Mile in My Shoes (MN)
|Safe-Hub Philadelphia (PA)
|Skiing Is Believing (NV)
|St. Anthony Park Booster Club (MN)
|Tennis for Life (NJ)
|The Young Men's Christian Association of the Capital Area (LA)
|University of Kentucky Research Foundation (KY)
|Venture Outdoors Inc. (PA)
|Vette City Roller Derby (KY)
|Waikoloa Canoe Club (HI)
|We Run Brownsville (NY)
|Youth Tennis San Diego (CA)
If after reading these guidelines carefully, you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Flores-Amaya: 516.307.3915 or EFlores-Amaya@WomensSportsFoundation.org.