Eligibility and Criteria
Students who meet the requirements below are eligible to apply:
- U.S citizen or legal resident.
- New York State female high school graduating senior who will be a full-time incoming freshman.
- Intending to major in Physical Education.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Academic achievement, minimum GPA of 3.0 or equivalent.
- Evidence of character, physical education competence, participation in athletics, qualities of leadership, and community service.
The scholarship can only be used towards tuition.
Recipients will receive a minimum of $1,000 per year and is non-renewable.
How to Apply
During the program application period, an authorized representative must visit Foundant GLM, the Women’s Sports Foundation’s grant-management system, and follow the directions to register a new user profile or update an existing profile. Limit one (1) profile per person/email address. Once your profile is registered, you will be able to save and submit your application on the website.
Please read carefully through the full eligibility requirements and program criteria before starting a Foundant account and applying. Applicants will be judged on what information is available or provided at the time of application submission.
Notification of Application Acceptance
You will receive an e-mail at the e-mail address provided in your profile when your application has been
Any application that is late or incomplete will not be accepted.
Other conditions under which an application will not be accepted:
- Applications that are submitted by mail, e-mail or fax
- Applications that are missing an official high school academic transcript and/or three (3) dated and
signed letters of recommendations
|Brittany Kuhn — Sauquoit, N.Y.||2018|
|Alicia Mitchell — Moira, N.Y.||2018|
|Isabella Arrigo — Sauquoit, N.Y.||2017|
|Gabriella Amelio – Bloomingburg, N.Y.||2016|
|Jenna McDonald – Sidney, N.Y.||2016|
If after reading these guidelines carefully you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Flores-Amaya: 516.307.3915 or EFlores-Amaya@WomensSportsFoundation.org.