A Donor Advised Fund is an account that may be established directly with a sponsoring non-profit organization, community foundation, or financial institution. Contributions into the fund are tax deductible. You can recommend how much (and how often) you want to distribute money from that fund to WSF or other charities.
WSF is grateful for all donations from donor advised funds and will work with you to make the giving process simple and efficient.
How It works:
- Contact your financial advisor, or specific donor advised fund representative for specific advice about how to establish a DAF.
- Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program.
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free).
- Recommend grants to qualified public charities of your choice.
Donor-advised funds provide a number of benefits that direct donations to a charity may not, including:
- Simplicity – The DAF sponsor handles all record keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility – Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision-making.
- Tax-efficiency – Contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long-term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock.
- Family legacy – A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
For more information:
Women’s Sports Foundation
Attn.: Alison Ederer, Sr. Manager, Development & Events
247 W 30th Street, 5th Fl.
New York, NY 10001