Linda Riddle/SGMA Endowed Scholarship
The Linda Riddle/SGMA Endowed Scholarship application is now closed. Thank you to all who applied.
The Linda Riddle/SGMA Endowed Scholarship was established in honor of Linda Riddle, whose life exemplified the principles of good sportsmanship and fairness, competition and courage. Its goal is to provide young female athletes of limited financial means the opportunity to continue to pursue their sport in addition to their college studies.
The Linda Riddle/SGMA Endowed Scholarship is administered by the Women’s Sports Foundation and is replenished through earnings on the endowment.
A female American citizen or legal resident of limited financial means that will be graduating high school in the spring of 2016 and entering college in the fall of 2016 as a first-year student is eligible to apply, provided that she has 1) participated on an officially recognized high school athletic team; and 2) maintained a minimum of a 3.5 cumulative grade point average on a 4.0 grading scale. In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must also be planning to pursue a full-time course of study at an accredited two-or four-year college during the 2016-2017 academic year.
If you plan to participate in intercollegiate athletics you are advised to consult with your institution’s department of athletics to determine how receipt of this scholarship may impact your eligibility and/ or award of athletically related financial aid. For general questions regarding the application of NCAA legislation or your eligibility to participate in intercollegiate athletics, please contact the NCAA or your collegiate institution directly.
- You must submit an online application by 5 p.m. EST on March 31, 2016. You will need to register with the Foundation’s grant-management system to access the application. Under the organization information, please enter the information for your high school contact. A Tax ID number is not required to register (so you may leave that space blank).
- You must attach each of the following required items to your online application where indicated: 1) transcript outlining your athletic and leadership activities freshman through senior year; 2) official high school academic transcript; and 3) two (2) non-family member letters of recommendation. The letters should address your athletic participation, pursuit of academic goals, and your relationship with the person writing the letter. Letters must be dated and signed and must be attached to the online application; letters mailed separately will not be accepted.
NOTIFICATION OF APPLICATION ACCEPTANCE
- You will receive notification from the Foundation via e-mail when your application has been received.
- Conditions under which an application WILL NOT be accepted include:
1. Any application submitted AFTER the due date OR submitted by mail, fax or e-mail.
2. Any application missing a letter of recommendation and/or transcript.
3. Any application that includes additional materials attached (photos, writing samples, etc.), which are prohibited.
One $1,500 scholarship will be awarded. Special consideration is given to those who intend to participate in intercollegiate athletics and/or are interested in pursuing a career in sports.
After reading the above guidelines carefully, if you have any questions, please call Elizabeth Flores at 516-307-3915 or e-mail her atLFlores@WomensSportsFoundation.org.
Alyssa Hannah – Manson, WA
Michaela Hitchner – Bridgeton, NJ
Samantha Rocha – Downey, CA
Avalon Frantz – Boulder City, Nev.
Lincy Mae Jones – Plymouth, Ind.
Devin McDermott – Bradenton, FL
Lauren Claypoole – Kapaa, HI
Hope Yi – Allendale, NJ
Ashley Davis – Bridgeton, NJ
Rebecca Haschke – Madison, NE
Monica Marie Manalo – La Canada, CA
Andrea Warnke – Fairfax, SD
Daphine Sneed – Beaumont, TX
Melissa Griggs – De Soto, IL
Elizabeth Lyona – Hill City, SD
Annie Miller – Springdale, AR
Sarah Schmidt – Ogden, IL
Kara Cochran – Monte Vista, CO
Tiffany Gugel – Roseburg, OR
Tracy Mackinnon – Plymouth, WI
Kari Reinhard – Alvada, OH
Shannon Woods – Rockvale, TN
Laurel Sunderman – Phoenix, AZ
Jill Grothusen – Scott City, KS
Tracey Teague – Oroville, CA