Wellness for All, a Power of She Fund grant, supports women of color entrepreneurs and organizations committed to making wellness and fitness more accessible and inclusive to female BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) communities.
The Power of She Fund was established by Athleta, in partnership with the Women’s Sports Foundation.
The application will open on open on Monday, June 7, 2021 and close on Friday, August 9, 2021 at 5pm ET. Wellness for All grant recipients will be selected in November 2021.
Eligibility and Criteria
Women of color committed to making wellness and fitness more accessible and inclusive to female BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) communities:
- Leaders of non-profit organizations aiming to better serve these communities through their programs or services
- Entrepreneurs of non-profit organizations or for-profit businesses actively creating or building businesses/programs to serve these communities
Funds can be used for, but are not limited to, the items listed below. Funds may not be used for personal expenses of any kind.
- Purchase of new software, hardware, website, and email tools to implement their project vision
- Leasing of physical space for events, program operations, community gatherings
- Marketing, communications, PR, operational, and business expenses
- A non-profit or for-profit business located in the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia or U.S. Territories
- Participation by program staff and participants in the Women’s Sports Foundation program evaluation (e.g. pre and post program surveys), webinars and other events
- Completion of a final report detailing the impact of the program and how the funding was used
- Agreement to work with funders to 1) provide program information, licensed photography, licensed video content and testimonials, and 2) to participate in media opportunities and site visits, as requested, during the course of the program
- Use of program recipient’s name and marks in marketing, driven and owned by Athleta
- Acknowledgement of both funders, the Women’s Sports Foundation and Athleta in a manner that is aligned with their brand guidelines
Together, the Women’s Sports Foundation and Athleta will award $100,000 in Wellness for All funding in 2021. Grants will be $10,000 per organization.
How to Apply
During the program application period, an authorized representative must visit Foundant GLM, the Women’s Sports Foundation’s grant-management system, and follow the directions to register a new user profile or update an existing profile. Limit one (1) profile per person/email address. Once your profile is registered, you will be able to save and submit your application on the website.
Please read carefully through the full eligibility requirements, college guidelines and program criteria before starting a Foundant account and applying. Applicants will be judged on what information is available or provided at the time of application submission.
A link to the application will be available on June 8, 2021.
Notification of Application Acceptance
Organizations will receive an e-mail at the e-mail address provided in your profile when your application has been received.
Applications must clearly meet all eligibility requirements outlined above.
Any application that is late, incomplete or requesting funds for an event or purchase of equipment that will occur before the applicant would receive the grant money will not be accepted.
Other conditions under which an application will not be accepted:
- Applications that are e-mailed or faxed
- Applications for programs that require compulsory religious participation
- Applications requesting funding towards the purchase of land, construction of buildings, event sponsorships, providing scholarships to individuals and/or the purchase/care of animals
- Applications requesting retroactive funding
|Afro Flow Yoga (Mass.)||Leslie Salmon Jones|
|Black Girls Breathing (Ga.)||Jasmine Marie Clark|
|Black Girls Run (Va.)||Jay Ell Alexander|
|Color the Water (Calif.)||Lizelle Jackson|
|Curves with Moves (N.Y.)||Jessie Diaz-Herrera|
|Girls in the Game (Ill.)||Deirdre O’Rourke|
|Hip, Healthy Chick (Ala.)||Tasha Edwards|
|Inter Tribal Sports (Calif.)||Isaiah Thompson|
|RYPE - Realizing Your Potential Everyday (N.C.)||Michelle Grady|
|STARS - Strength Training And Research for Survivorship (Mass.)||Aditi Hazra, Ph.D.|
*The grant was administered by the Movemeant Foundation in 2020.
If after reading these guidelines carefully, you have any questions, please contact Elizabeth Flores-Amaya: 516.307.3915 or EFlores-Amaya@WomensSportsFoundation.org.