Wellbeing for All, a Power of She Fund grant, supports women of color entrepreneurs and women of color-led organizations committed to making wellness and fitness more accessible, and to making well-being resources more inclusive to female BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) communities. In 2022, 15-time GRAMMY Award winner Alicia Keys will join Wellbeing for All (formerly Wellness for All) as an advisor and mentor.
An advocate for women’s empowerment, Alicia will help select grant recipients and provide the community with mentoring resources and learnings from her own well-being journey over her career.
The Power of She Fund was established by Athleta in partnership with the Women’s Sports Foundation.
The Wellbeing for All grant application is closed.Please check back periodically for updates and subscribe to our newsletter.
Eligibility and Criteria
Applicants must meet the following requirements to apply:
- Women of color entrepreneurs, actively creating or building businesses and/or programs that aim to make well-being and fitness practices more inclusive to female BIPOC communities
- Women of color-led non-profit organizations or for-profit businesses whose purpose is to make well-being and fitness more inclusive to female BIPOC communities
Applicants who fail to meet these requirements will be deemed ineligible.
A judging committee will evaluate each application including the following criteria:
- Identification, definition, and clarity of the problem statement
- Originality and creativity to developing solutions
- Analytical depth and approach to measuring the success of the project/solution
- Feasibility, efficiency, and timeline of project execution
- Impact opportunities generated from the execution of the project
Funds can be used for, but are not limited to, the items listed below. Funds may not be used for personal expenses of any kind.
- Purchase of new software, hardware, website, and email tools to implement their project vision
- Leasing of physical space for events, program operations, community gatherings
- Marketing, communications, PR, operational, and business expenses
- A non-profit or for-profit business located in the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia or U.S. Territories
- Participation by program staff and participants in the Women’s Sports Foundation program evaluation (e.g. pre and post program surveys), webinars and other events
- Completion of a final report detailing the impact of the program and how the funding was used
- Agreement to work with funders to 1) provide program information, licensed photography, licensed video content and testimonials, and 2) to participate in media opportunities and site visits, as requested, during the course of the program
- Use of program recipient’s name and marks in marketing, driven and owned by Athleta
- Acknowledgement of both funders, the Women’s Sports Foundation and Athleta in a manner that is aligned with their brand guidelines
The Women’s Sports Foundation and Athleta will award $100,000 in Wellbeing for All funding in 2022. Grants will be $10,000 per organization.
How to Apply
During the program application period, an authorized representative must visit Foundant GLM, the Women’s Sports Foundation’s grant-management system, and follow the directions to register a new user profile or update an existing profile. Limit one (1) profile per person/email address. Once your profile is registered, you will be able to save and submit your application on the website.
Please read carefully through the full eligibility requirements, college guidelines, and program criteria before starting a Foundant account and applying. Applicants will be judged on what information is available or provided at the time of application submission.
Notification of Application Acceptance
Organizations will receive an e-mail at the e-mail address provided in your profile when your application has been received.
Applications must clearly meet all eligibility requirements outlined above.
Any application that is late, incomplete or requesting funds for an event or purchase of equipment that will occur before the applicant would receive the grant money will not be accepted.
Other conditions under which an application will not be accepted:
- Applications that are e-mailed or faxed
- Applications for programs that require compulsory religious participation
- Applications requesting funding towards the purchase of land, construction of buildings, event sponsorships, providing scholarships to individuals and/or the purchase/care of animals
- Applications requesting retroactive funding
|Abilities Dance Incorporated (MA)
|April Parker Foundation (CA)
|Chakra Flow University (NC)
|Eunoiafit LLC (TX)
|Harambee Wellness (MI)
|INNERGY Inc (AL)
|Intersectional Arts, Inc. DBA Sovern LA (CA)
|Fencing in the Park (NY)
|Project Koa Yoga (HI)
If you have any questions after reading these guidelines carefully, please contact Elizabeth Flores-Amaya: 516.307.3915 or EFlores-Amaya@WomensSportsFoundation.org.