On Nov. 4, 2018, three Olympic athletes and one filmmaker took to the streets of New York City to run 26.2 miles for #TeamWSF. Erin Hamlin, Anne Hart, Sara Hendershot and Adam Reist all successfully completed the NYC Marathon to help the Women’s Sports Foundation support all girls and all women in all sports.
Check out highlights from the day and hear all of our runners talk about why WSF’s mission is important to them. If you would like to contribute to their fundraising efforts for WSF, please click here.
- Four-time Olympian.
- First American woman to win a singles medal in Olympic luge competition.
- Team USA’s flagbearer for the Opening Ceremony of the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- Made her Olympic debut at the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- Finished the 2018 New York City Marathon in 3:16:31, the fastest woman in the marathon’s celebrity group.
- This year’s marathon was her third marathon. She previously ran Burlington in 2013 and Boston in 2014.
- Competed in rowing in the 2012 Summer Olympics, where she placed fourth in women’s pair.
- This year’s marathon was her first.
- Filmmaker who was inspired to support WSF after working on a documentary about women’s rowing.
- This year’s marathon was his first.