How Can I Get Involved?
There are lots of ways you as an elite athlete can help everybody get an equal opportunity to play.
Dear Fellow Athletes,
As female athletes, we have been striving for years to be part of a world where equality is reality and the Women’s Sports Foundation has been there to lead the movement. Founded in 1974 by Billie Jean King, the Foundation is recognized worldwide for its leadership, vision, strength, expertise and influence. And most importantly, they are here to give us a voice as women athletes.
For more than 40 years, the Women’s Sports Foundation has been right there beside us every step of the way to:
- work with the media to increase positive coverage of women athlete’s and women’s sports
- help shape the public’s attitude about women athletes and sports for women
- advise us on women’s sports issues and other concerns we may have had whenever we have called upon them
- advocate for athletes’ commercial rights and purse and salary equity
- market and promote female athletes to corporate partners and the public
- operate a Speaker Service to enhance athlete income.
Women’s sports are where they are today because of athletes like us; athletes who have been part of the Women’s Sports Foundation’s efforts to champion opportunities for and the rights of female athletes.
- Motivate, educate and energize groups by applying for our Speakers Bureau
- Spread the word about the Foundation to your sponsors, friends, family and especially young athletes, as a member of our Athlete Advisory Panel
- Participate, when asked, in Foundation fundraising and corporate events
- Distribute Foundation educational materials at your camps and clinics throughout the year
- Make a donation to help support the development of girls’ sports programs throughout the country
There are many others ways you can get involved in the Foundation’s mission to advance the lives of girls and women through sports and physical activity. To learn more, contact Olga Harvey, Senior Director, Leadership Services, at OHarvey@WomensSportsFoundation.org.
Members of the 2015 Athlete Advisory Panel