ANNIKA Inspiration Award: Official Rules and Regulations
“ANNIKA Inspiration Award” invites the nomination of girls 18 or under (as of October 16, 2013) who excel in sports, are leaders among their peers and make a difference in their communities.
- SPONSOR: Women’s Sports Foundation, 1899 Hempstead Turnpike, Suite 400, Eisenhower Park, East Meadow, NY 11554.
- IN COLLABORATION WITH: ANNIKA Foundation, 9685 Lake Nona Village Place, Suite 205, Orlando, FL 32827
- TO ENTER: An adult U.S. legal resident (“nominator”) nominates a girl U.S. legal resident aged 18 or under (the “nominee”) for the ANNIKA Inspiration Award by submitting an online nomination form:
REQUIRED: Online ANNIKA Inspiration Award Entry Form
OPTIONAL: any supporting materials such as photographs, articles, video
Only one nomination per candidate will be considered. Nominations must be received by June 30, 2013. Entries (including any and all supporting materials) become the property of the sponsor and WILL NOT BE RETURNED. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, damaged or misdirected entries.
- JUDGING: Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges selected by the sponsor to determine finalists and winners according to the following criteria: athletic participation and accomplishments, leadership qualities, community involvement, ability to inspire others, originality and clarity of responses to the questions provided, originality and clarity of personal statement.
- Five (5) finalists will be selected from all eligible entries received on the basis of the criteria outlined above. The winner will be selected from among all finalists. In the event of a tie, significance of the nominees’ achievements and contributions will be the tie-breaking criterion. The decisions of the judges shall be indisputable and final in all matters relating to the award and the selection of the winner.
- AWARD PRIZE: Two (2) tickets to the Women's Sports Foundation's Annual Salute to Women in Sports Awards Gala on October 16, 2013. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of prize: $2,500
- NOTIFICATIONS: Only the winners and finalists will be notified. If a winner or finalist notification is returned as undeliverable, the winner or finalist will be disqualified and an alternate winner and finalist will be selected.
- GENERAL RULES: Nominees must be female citizens and residents of the 50 United States or District of Columbia, 18 years of age or under as of October 16, 2013, participate in sports, and be enrolled in elementary, middle or high school, home school or any other state-recognized learning institution at time of nomination. Employees of the ANNIKA Foundation, the Women’s Sports Foundation, their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to participate as either nominators or nominees. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. Noncompliance with any of the official rules may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. Winners will be notified by e-mail. Limit one prize per person. No transfer or substitution of prize permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of prize offered constitutes permission to use winner's name, photograph, voice and/or likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner and parent or legal guardian, agrees to hold sponsor, their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of prize. Winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize.
For the names of award winners, available after October 16, 2013, visit www.AnnikaFoundation.org or www.WomensSportsFoundation.org.